Guide and the description of the German light tanks in the France and World leading museums, the photo gallery in details to help historians and the scale models masters.
Panzerkampfwagen II (PzKpfw II or Sd.Kfz 121) Ausf.F German light tank (Kubinka tank museum / Patriot Park collection).
Soviet (Russian) name and description, according to the official museum catalog:
T-IIb, 1938 year of issue, serial production type.
The Panzer II Ausf. F tank was developed in 1938 by the company “Mann” in Germany, serially produced from 1938 to 1940. The tank was in the service of Hitler’s Germany and took part in the battles of World War II on the Eastern Front and other places.
German light tank Panzer II (PzKpfw II) Ausf. F photo gallery
Panzer II repair and restoration in the summer of 2007, Kubinka
Panzer II Ausf. F the tactical and technical characteristics.
- The Weight – 9,5 tons, the tank crew — 3 people
- Overall dimensions (the length x width x height in mm.) – 4640 х 2250 х 1975
- The weaponry: 1 cannon with the 20 mm. caliber and the ammunition – 180 shots
- Machine gun: 1 with the 7,92 mm. caliber and the ammunition- 1425 shots
- The armor protection: the front – 30 mm., the turret – 15 mm.
- The engine power — 140 hp, the Maximum speed — 45 km / h, the highway Cruising — up to 200 km.
- Depth overcome on the water barrier — 0.8 meters
Panzer II Ausf. F tank design features:
The Base is original, the same for all II light tank series. Overall layout – the power plant is at the back, the power transmission and the drive wheels – at the front; the single turret.
The armament: 20-mm automatic gun coupled with the 7.92-mm machine gun; the telescopic sight. The protection – the housing welded by the rolled armor plates; to protect the viewing devices there are the armored covers.
The Chassis – the Carburetor engine “Maybach” HL-62 with 140 hp, the average specific ground pressure 0.70 kg / cm2, there is the radio station and the tank intercom.